Friday, August 28, 2009

A Late TCP Tuesday

So this week's TCP Tuesday challenge was to use the colors chocolate, sky blue and kiwi. I think I may have veered a bit from the sky blue colors b/c the pictures here are a bit more light blue-ish than the grey blue I used. But I'm going to blame it on the fact that I live in Seattle, and here "sky blue" is indeed a grey blue.

Anyway, this piece was completely inspired by Ana's Spring Picture frame. Ana was super helpful in explaining how she did it and where she got the frame. I couldnt find one quite like it but this frame fit all the necessary qualifications (that it was a cheapo find procured at the dollar store). Anyway, this is my first try. I have a few more frames to play but this color challenge was an excellent opportunity for me to actually use a frame I bought a while ago. The hubs would be sooo proud (using things I buy rather than just letting them sit there...).

The Dets
Stamps: TCP Deck the Halls
Paper: Neenah White, SU! Bordering Blue, DCWV glitter paper
Ink: Versamagic Jumbo Java, Memento Black, Copics
Accessories: Green vine ribbon, snowflake punch, BG buttons, Kaiser Pearls, MB jewels, crafters thread

2 comments:

  1. Cute! But you should've stuck a picture of you and your honey in the the frame. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, Jamie...great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. ACK...winter...I'm so not ready for that but that's where we're headed eventually, huh? Cute, cute card.
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete