Thursday, February 18, 2010

Simply Gorjuss...Girl that is...

Why oh why does NBC insist on playing all the really good stuff so late at night? Dont they know that me screaming at the tv over Shaun White's halfpipe performance at 10:30pm is not conducive to going to bed at 10:45? And that's already 45 minutes after my bedtime...

Anyway, on to the card. I've had this Gorjuss Girl stamp for a really really really long time, but I've never inked her up. I dont know why. Oh maybe b/c someone *ahem* thought she was a little creepifying. But I think she's adorable and was soo fun to color.

This is currently my new favorite color scheme. I dont normally go for the "warm" tones but with this Cosmo Cricket paper, I think it works. I added a bit of glitter to the grey areas but I'm not too sure how well it turned out in the photo. I took out the birdie part of this stamp for two reasons, one, it wouldnt fit, and two, I'm deathly afraid of pigeons...really, I am.

The Dets:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie a little birdie told me, MB sentiment
Paper: SU!, MB mocha, Cosmo Cricket nutmeg paper pack
Ink: Memento black, copics
Accessories: glitter, ribbon, standard oval and scalloped nesties, swiss dots embossing folder


2 comments:

  1. Wowzas! Great job coloring!!

    Though I still firmly believe that the Gorjuss Girl stamps have crazy eyes and the tippy head thing only adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her. She's not creepy, she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete