Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lots of Stamps, One Little Card

The other day I attempted to do one of the most difficult things (that I think anyway) in card making. I had to make a boy card. *g* Today is the hub's brother's birthday and whilst I offered to send his bro a totally cutesy TGF card, he politely decided.

So I racked my brain a bit, brought out a great deal of stamps and did a bunch of backgrounds in blue, black & grey color themes. B/c really that's all my "boy" cards are - cards in blue. I brought out my PTI retro backgrounds and stamped it in enchanted evening ink over some matching cardstock. Then I used my polka dot backgrounds 1 in black over smokey shadow. I used some Fresh navy ink to stamp the bitty dotted frame and then stamped the sentiment in black ink. It looked a bit plain so I brought out my Turning a new leaf set and stamped a couple branches on the card and the frame panel in the navy ink. Then I added a bit of pearls for dimension.

All in all, six pearls, five stamp sets, four cardstock colors, three inks...and one ribbon.

The Dets:
Stamps: PTI retro backgrounds, fillable frames #1, signature greetings, turning a new leaf and polka dot basics 1
Paper: MB notecard licorice, neenah white, PTI enchanted evening & smokey shadow
Ink: Fresh navy, Brilliance graphite black, PTI enchanted evening
Accessories: kaiser pearls, grosgrain ribbon

1 comment: