Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Bunny Butts

So today is the birthday of a super awesome and totally fabulous girl. Yup, you guessed it Veronica Mars!

Hahah...technically its Kristen Bell's birthday but I {heart} VM (and Logan). But, its also the landmark birthday of my stamping buddy, N. She's the Nin in our celebrity couple name Ninja. Some people know Bennifer or Brangelina, we make up Ninja.

So I racked my brain trying to decide what stamp I should use for N's milestone birthday. I thought of a cool color-in TGF or a PTI set, but then I knew it. The only stamp that would possibly do.

Bunny Butts.


So I stamped the MFT Tea for Two bunnies in teacups and colored them in copics. Then I went over the cup with a few layers of glossy accents. Word of advice when working w/ glossy accents, it should be mounted on another layer of cardstock that way the weight doesnt warp the image panel. Dont ask me how I know this, I dont wanna discuss.

I had a dp paper all picked out but after I finish coloring I notice the dots that were really a pink color came out more red. So I stamped a panel of my favoritest Hawaiian Shores paper with my current fave PTI Polka Dot Basics II set. I colored a few of the dots w/ glue and covered w/ some MS glitter. Then on a Simply Chartruese piece with Tin Types. I used a white pen to add dots to the centers. Then I die cut a piece of my beloved HS and white felt and topped it a pure poppy button.

Since it is her landmark birthday I had to pick up a few stamping stuffers I know she'll love. I dont actually have any wrapping paper that doesnt sport christmas trees so I had to improvise. I wrapped each gift in white tissue paper and made little tags to coordinate. I die cut a few spellbinder labels one. Then I stamped each one w/ a different stamp in the Retro Backgrounds set.

I wrapped each individually in plain white tissue paper and tied it w/ some pretty ribbon from my stash.


The Dets (Card):
Stamps: MFT Tea for Two, PTI Polka Dot Basics II, PTI Tin Types
Paper: PTI black, hawaiian shores, simply chartruese, pure poppy
Ink: Memento black & new sprout, PTI hawaiian shores, Copics
Accessories: glossy accents, spellbinders curved rectangles, PTI med scallops, PTI flower die, hawaiian shores felt & ribbon, pure poppy button, black thread, MS glitter, white gel pen

The Dets (tags):
Stamps: PTI Retro Backgrounds, Fresh Alphabet
Paper: black & white cardstock
Ink: Versafine black, PTI aqua mist, hibiscus burst, hawaiian shores, Versamagic tea leaves, spring pansy, mango madness
Accessories: spellbinders labels one, cuttlebug polka dot embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. DUDE. This was like the BEST gift EVER!!! Seriously! Everything was AWESOME!! And I'm soooo excited to have so much MFT stuffers to play with!! You seriously ROCK, dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent has a lot to live up. Might as well give up now.

    ReplyDelete