Monday, October 25, 2010

Rockstar SSSC

So last week on Club Anya, Jen had this ah-mazing tutorial on Prismacolor pencils. I dont know about you, but I've always had a hard time coloring w/ pencils. I think that's why I dig copics so much, blend alot better and cover nicely. But watching her tutorial, she made it look so easy!

So I unearthed my prismas from the depths of the "unused craft stuff" drawer. I found blending stumps at M's but I was at a loss for gamsol or OMS. I found turpenoid or something but the boy cautiously suggested that maybe I should go home and doublecheck before I go out acquiring toxic and flammable materials. And I heard some people have used Goo Gone and I knew I had that at home.

Can I just point out that Jen's video was alot like me watching an episode of SYTYCD. When I watch the dancers do all kinds of fun hip hop flips and tricks and think, that looks easy I could totally do that. But when it comes to actualizing...that's an entirely different story. Same with the color pencils. It wasnt a total disaster, like me trying to pop and lock might be, but it wasnt as flawless either. Of course I dont have nearly as much prisma colors as I do copics, so I was kind of limited as to what I could use for shading, hair, etc etc. But the blending stump didnt retain the chemical for as long, so it was a lot of rewetting and tediousness.

I used Karen's sketch, SSSC90, for the layout. But I left it unsentimented cause I'm not sure who this is going to. I did end up doing another card with a Verve stamp and prismas which went a little easier. So guess its the same theory as copics, practice practice practice.


The Dets:
Stamps: TGF Rockstar Anya
Paper: PTI kraft, berry sorbet & lemon tart, Cosmo Cricket togetherness
Ink: Memento black, prismas
Accessories: MFT open scallops, TCP flower buttons, divine twine, PTI melon berry ribbon, spellbinder rectangles, stickles

2 comments:

  1. Nice job with the color pencils. I know what you mean - remember Memory Box made us feel like we could color fabulously with CPs...only to fail miserably. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice Card. :)
    Jamie, I'd like to speak with you. I've tried to find your email addy but can't seem to find it. Would you please be so kind to email me? :)
    info@ katstamps.com

    Thanks
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete