Monday, November 15, 2010

New Banner

Since we're headed towards another holiday season, I thought it'd be nice to create a new banner. (Actually my mom asked me to make her one last year...) And apparently I have a thing for the word "Noel." But what can I say, Joy is too short and Merry is too long. Actually I wanted it to say "Tis the season, yo" my fave holiday line, but that was way too long.

I used my big scallop rectangle nesties for the letters mat and topped it off w/ a border end cut from labels eight. I cut the letters from glitter paper w/ my Storybook cartridge. Then I embellished with buttons, jewels and a couple vintage ornaments. This color combination is my current favorite and I've been doing tons of holiday stuff in variations of it. But I'm a creature of habit...


Detail shot of the letters - The Dets:
Stamps: PTI Signature Christmas
Paper: Cream cs, MB dot pattern paper, PTI kraft, DCWV latte matstack
Ink: Brilliance graphite black
Accessories: Cricut storybook cartridge, spellbinders labels eight & big scalloped rectangles, PTI aqua mist & berry sorbet buttons, jewels, PTI vintage ornaments die, divine twine & TCP linen thread

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, nice! Love the color scheme and I love the mix of shapes you used here - jumbo scalloped rectangles, Labels 8, and the chevron-ish banner shape. And you finally found something to use those super huge PTI buttons on!! haha!! Super groovy, dude!!

    ReplyDelete