Saturday, January 1, 2011

Oh Boy

New Year's Resolution #1 - Use all the uninked stamps and brand new dies in my stamping cache before buying any new ones.

Apparently as my stamp purchasing go up, my card making goes down. I'm a bit dismayed at how inversely related the two are. Its really quite sad. But I'm on a mission once again, to ink up uninked stamps. And nope, I cant disclose exactly how many there are. Lets just say...lots.

I've been drooling over those MFT Banner Dies for a while now. And shortly after PTI came out with their own, I decided to take the plunge. I die cut a bunch of them in some white and yellow paper then stamped Boy twice and freehanded the "oh." The layout looked rather plain, so I left it on my craft table for about it week. I tried several things to fill in the open space but finally decided that a circle element would do just fine. Though now it sorta seems like its the sun but the background is a bunch of stars...contradictory much?


The Dets:
Stamps: MFT Banner Alphabet, MB sentiment
Paper: MB notecard and homespun dp
Ink: Brilliance graphite black
Accessories: MFT banner dies, nesties circles, cuttlebug dots folder, divine twine

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, bright card! It cheers up a very dull and cold winter's day!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete