Saturday, August 28, 2010

Playing w/ Texture...

Every so often its cool to learn a new tip. Or trick. So when this week's CA "Toot" featured a really cool vid by Kelly about creating texture, I was intrigued.

I colored up my brand new Cupcake Anya (I could not resist the cuteness and absolutely had to have her). She's one of the only digis I own, but I must admit I think I'm a convert. I wanted to try making her dress look sort of denim-like, so I colored it up in my BG70's. Then I used a scrap piece of fabric, added a few drops of my colorless blender solution and lightly pressed into the colored area. Its really really faint but I didnt want to bleed it too much.

I used this week's Mercy Sketch, MTSC88. But its amazing I even finished this card as I picked up Mockingjay from the library last night. Finished it a little why ago but dont ask me. I dont want to talk about it. My head is still vaguely lost in Sucksville, Panem.


Here's a detail shot. Perhaps if you squint and imagine (or just stare, unblinkingly for a really long time) you can vaguely make out the "texture" of her dress...


The Dets:
Stamps: TGF Cupcake Anya, TCP Forget about the cake
Paper: MB notecard, PTI ocean tides, MME so sophie, Oct Afternoon thrift shop
Ink: Versafine black, Copics, spica glitter pen
Accessories: ribbon, spellbinders rectangles

1 comment:

  1. That is way cute! I like the DP that you used and her hair coloring looks great!!

    ReplyDelete