Monday, September 27, 2010

Spooky Banner

To celebrate Halloween, because I really dont have any halloween decos (except for this one bowl that says happy halloween that we leave out all year round anyway) I decided to make another banner. I fully dig banners b/c its one of the only times I break out my cricut.

I used my Spooktacular set from TGF. I cut out the letters w/ my Storybook cartridge and dumped MS black glitter over it all. So it's all very nice and glittery. Then I spaced each one w/ a bow topped w/ a big PTI button. You see I have a ton of these huge PTI buttons and I have no idea what to use them for. They're a bit too big for cards, so if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

I took all the madness that was on our fridge (like the birth announcement of a boy who's now 4)and pinned it up w/ clips. Okay that's not entirely true, most of the madness simply got relocated to beneath the banner. The picture's bit unpolished because it took forever to get a decent shot. But it makes my kitchen look nice and halloweenish.


Since I couldnt get a very good picture of it hanging up, I have a close-up of the letters:


The Dets:
Stamps: TGF Spooktacular
Paper: SU!, Basic Grey eerie
Ink: Memento black, Copics
Accessories: Cricut storybook, polka dots embossing folder, MS onyx glitter, PTI orange zest buttons, black ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Ok, that is TOTALLY cute! I love the bows/buttons in-between each banner and the sparkly letters are SUPER delish!! WAY AWESOME JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie. This is soooo CUTE! I love the big orange buttons. I don't have any of PTI's buttons, but I think I need to get some. lol...Anyway I love, love how you put each little stamp with a letter. What a fun idea. I have that cartridge and I have some Halloween stamps. I just might have to get some buttons and make one for my kids. They would love it. Thanks for sharing your great idea. Have a great week. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete