Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Because

I got a sewing machine for christmas and just five short months later, I'm finally putting it to use. I sewed a grocery bag holder for my pal, N, since her hubs likes to hoard plastic bags. At least now she'll have something pretty to put it in. The pattern is based on the one listed on Moda's Bake Shop with a little tweaking. I like ruffles, so the one I made had to have ruffles.


As for the card, I kept it simple, opting for a coordinating color scheme. I stamped the sentiment panel with PTI's Matstack #1 and Beautiful Blooms II. Then I used the stripes in Retro Backgrounds to build a pattern on the four squares. I also stamped some polka dots in the background but they didnt turn up too well in the picture.


Here's a close-up of the grocery bag holder, using Moda's Giddy charm pack-






The Dets:
Stamps:
PTI Matstack #1, Beautiful Blooms, Giga Guidelines, Polka Dot Basics II, Retro Background
Paper: PTI pure poppy & hawaiian shores, cream cardstock
Ink: Brilliance pearlescent chocolate, Versamagic red brick, Versacolor turquoise gem, Versamark
Accessories: kaiser gems, PTI matstack #1 die

1 comment: