Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cracked up challenge

So this week's ATS Challenge is using the cracked glass technique. I've never done it before but thought it would be interesting to try something new. I know most people take the whole cracked glass in the vintagey, sepia direction, but I thought of doing something that was more...icey and frosty like. But I didnt do very well. It just came out kinda lilac-y.

Anyway, for my card I brought out my new Sweet November Darby. She's just too adorable and soo much fun to color. I colored her in copics then went over certain areas w/ a stardust pen. But over all the embossing glaze, it didnt show up too well (or at all) in the pix. The embossing glaze took forever but it was a bit fun. It took a while to fashion something where I could set the image down and heat. I've tried pointing my heat gun direction on my crafting mat, but that's a really bad idea. I ended up covering a toaster oven stone tray with some foil and that worked perfectly.

I thought it'd crack a bit faster when I put it in the freezer. But even after twenty minutes it wasnt really cracking so I gave up and went to bed, leaving it overnight. Afterwards, I added some lulu lavender to the cracks to accentuate certain areas, but I avoided all the colored parts.


The Dets:
Stamps: Sweet November Darby, PTI Giga Guidelines
Ink: Memento black & lulu lavender, Copics, Stardust pen
Paper: MB notecard, Basic Grey kioshi dp
Accessories: Spellbinders ovals, PTI flower die, felt, kaiser jewels, embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, wow! The cracked up part turned out really well! Darby is totally adorable. I really dig the whole card - layout, color scheme, and of course, super groovy felt flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, your card is totally adorable! Thank you for joining us at ATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Congrats on your win! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete