Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Fun

This morning when we left the house it was cold...dark...and unpleasant. Where was the sun the weather man promised? So we left decked out in jeans & jackets, when I would've much rather have been dressed like this little Shine (Summer) Anya. Then, of course, the weather did a 180 while I was in the craft store and turned blazingly hot. So I'm headed for a nap (b/c the sun makes me sleeeepy).

But first, quickly, the card. I inked up, colored & cut out this Miss Anya with an idea in mind. But it didnt really pan out. Then on the Club Anya Monday Mania challenge this week was to create a simple card with only one embellishment and green & kraft paper. I immediate thought this card would've been perfect, but since I've already done that...well it was back to the drawing board.

So I took an entirely different route and tried to make a girlier birthday card. I cut up my beloved Garden Variety sheet of paper and mounted it with various sheets of white & green. Then I embossed a scrap piece of kraft cardstock w/ a swiss dots folder and mounted the Miss Anya on top. It looked a bit plain even with the candy dots so I stamped a few of my newly acquired flourish stamps. I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch, MTSC79, for the layout because she's got the bestest sketches (and of course it conveniently fit Miss Anya perfectly).

By the way, I can totally tell a difference between the quality of the Inkadinkado stamps & say...my PTIs. The inka's dont stick as well to my acrylic block. So I might just have to cave and buy Fancy Flourishes. Aw shucks...*g*


The Dets:
Stamps: TGF Rain Snow Shine, PTI round & round, Inka dot flourish
Paper: PTI kraft, SU, Cosmo Cricket garden variety
Ink: Copics, Versafine black, Brilliance pearlescent ivy
Accessories: Spellbinder rectangle, candy dots, swiss dots embossing folder, glossy accents

1 comment:

  1. This turned out really nice! Coloring of Miss Anya is awesome, as always. And the flourishes add a nice touch. Though yeah, PTI ones would give you a different look...heheh...but not until August. ;-)

    ReplyDelete