Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fairy Girl Friday

Happy Fairy Girl Friday...fake out. Because its not really Friday (unfortunately).

Anyway, I got this uber cool Autumn Fairy from my stint as hostess on Club Anya's Monday Mania. *g* And like all my stamps, I'm only getting to color it up months later. I love how she looks totally sassy and a little bit haughty. And of course her fairy wings. Gotta love those fairy wings.

I colored her wings with some pink and then some purple at the tips. I was trying to go for an iridescent look, but I think I've gotta practice a bit more. I went over them with a clear spica glitter pen, but then it didnt look sparkley enough. So I went over it with some stickles. I stopped myself before I decided to cover the whole thing with stickles, but I really kinda wanted to. Maybe next time.

I cut down drastically on the embellishments because I've been having difficulties mailing some of my cards. And this is being sent about 2,678 miles from here to a very awesome, super brilliant graduate...


The Dets:
Stamps: TGF Autumn Fairy, Memory Box sentiment & flourish
Paper: MB licorice, Basic Grey kioshi
Ink: Memento black, Versafine black, Copics, Spica clear glitter pen
Accessories: felt, PTI med scallop border, spellbinders ovals, stickles

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! Nice start at the irridescence. It looks pretty good for your first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whole card looks amazing but those wings...WOW! That is all I can say! WOW! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete