Friday, June 25, 2010

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge


I've been meaning to participate in the monthly PTI Blog Hop for forever now, but of course the 25th of each month comes and goes. But this month's theme was a color challenge and I just had to take the plunge.

I chose a summery theme of Simply Chartruese, Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest and Smokey Shadow. I've had the Beautiful Blooms II set ever since it came out in March...and had yet to use it. So I die cut a few of the blossoms then inked them with some orange ink. Then I stamped a panel with my Polka Dot Basics I in green and punched them out to be mounted on each blossom. I also stamped the Hawaiian Shores cardstock with PDB1. I stamped my sentiment from Signature Greetings, which is my total go-to senti set. I decided it needed a bit more so I die cut a strip of green with my medium scallop.

Confession time...I didnt get my latest PTI order so I had to fib with the orange & lime color, substituting it with Versacolor inks. And then I didnt quite dig the way smokey shadow was stamping out so I brought out some brilliance ink and loved it.


Thanks for checking out my card!

The Dets:
Stamps: PTI Signature Greetings, Beautiful Blooms II, Polka Dot Basics 1
Paper: PTI Hawaiian shores, MB key lime, SU!
Ink: PTI hawaiian shores, Versacolor orange & lime, Brilliance starlight black
Accessories: PTI med scalloped border & blooms #2 die, mounting tape, corner punch

24 comments:

  1. beautiful card! Love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! Love your cheerful color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, love this... Such fun colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card makes me happy! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun flowers and polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love this fun color combo - the bright, cheery colors just scream summer fun! Great card. Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cheerful and bright! Love those dotty flowers with the sentiment you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those flowers in orange zest & chartreuse - just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Perfect summer card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color combo- definitely summery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy combination - and it looks gorgeous with these flowers! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card! and your color combo rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesome color scheme! I totally dig it! And love the polka dots in the middle of the flowers! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this colour combo, the grey is such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this combo, what a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is adorable! I love its simplicity. Hope you don't mind if I CASE your card. I can see making several of these in different colors. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great color combo and card too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little flowers and the summer colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun card! Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete