Friday, June 18, 2010

Cupie Cake Friday

Its Aloha Friday...no work til Monday.

Happy Friday! And let me tell you, it seems like Friday was taking its sweet old time getting here. But that goodness it has.

So a while ago I had this image in my head about using glitter & glossy accent glaze to create tasty frosting. I couldnt think of a better stamp than my big cupcake from MFT's Its a Cupcake Kind of Day. So I stamped it out and colored it in brown copics (because chocolate is the only one worth eating). Then I topped it with some spica clear glitter, but that wasnt sparkley enough. So I dabbed the edges with a bit of stickles. Satisfied with the sparkle factor, I covered it all in not one but two layers of glossy accents.

Then it sat on my shelf for like a week. Its bottom was uncolored and naked. How sad.

Enter Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge, MTSC78. Her sketch has this circular focal I thought would be perfect for my abandoned cupie. I decided to use my fun, summery Delovely pack. I paper pieced the bottom and added a layer of ribbon. Then decided it need a bit extra so I added a few lemon tart buttons on top the ribbon.


The Dets:
Stamps: MFT Its a Cupcake Kind of Day
Paper: MB vanilla bean, Cosmo Cricket delovely dp
Ink: Copics, Memento black, spica clear glitter pen
Accessories: PTI lemon tart & raspberry fizz buttons, MS punch, ribbon, tcp linen thread

1 comment:

  1. I *love* the chocolate frosting on top! It looks so luscious and delectable!

    ReplyDelete